Our Five Ring Circus: Weekend Things

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Weekend Things

It's finally March!!!  Spring is SO close.  After this long, snowy, bitter cold winter, I am eagerly anticipating the warmer weather!

That being said, how is it already March?!? Didn't we JUST ring in the new year? This year is already whipping by faster than last year.  Time needs to S-L-O-W down.  When it's warmer, of course!

This was the first free weekend our family had in months.  It didn't really turn out to be a free weekend, but close enough.  I changed into my pajamas on Friday night, and stayed in them until tonight, when I swapped them for a new pair.  I'm going to call that relaxing!

On Friday evening, I went shopping with my mom, Liam, and Lily.  We returned to my parent's house, where Dylan and Lexie were hanging out with my dad, and we had dinner with them before heading home.  I drove Dylan to his friend's house for a sleepover, and by the time I got home, it was already after 10.  I changed into my pajamas and did a ton of laundry before going to bed!

On Saturday, Dylan spent the morning with his friends at the Lowe's workshop, then went to lunch with them.  He had so much fun!

FB_IMG_1425154293465

We got to sleep in and have a late brunch while he was gone. He arrived home in the afternoon, and shortly after, Liam and the girls fell asleep.  It was a fantastically lazy afternoon!

Both girls still napping at 6:40. Better kiss bedtime goodbye tonight!

Meanwhile, Grant and I decided that we should continue our bathroom renovation.  He headed off to Lowe's (ALONE!) to buy flooring and supplies, and the rest of the night was history.  Grant's friend came over to help, and Dylan's friend came over to spend the night.  We went to bed so late!

IMG_20150228_212650

Overnight, it started to snow.  It kept snowing and snowing and snowing.  Here we are, on March 1st, with about 6 inches of snow! I'm hoping that it's winter's last hurrah!

IMG_20150301_183610

None of us were impressed.

IMG_20150301_120104

The roads were slippery, and it snowed heavily all day. We ended up scrapping plans to visit Grant's family, and just stayed home.  It worked out, because I had some laundry to fold, and cleaning to do!  Exciting!

IMG_20150301_140615

Lily ended up falling asleep around 6 pm, just before dinner.  That spot in front of the fireplace can easily lure you to sleep!

20150301_175618-1

She woke up about an hour later, thanks to Dylan. We sent all three kids to Lexie and Lily's room to watch a movie.  Dylan and Lexie were so excited to hear that they have a 2 hour delay in the morning!

055

Liam spent some time with Grant and I before bedtime.  He is just the cutest, happiest little guy!

053

We ended our weekend with two episodes of House of Cards season 3 (LOVE!!!) and the new episode of The Walking Dead.  Grant went to bed, but I was still wide awake, so I cleaned the entire house, then sat down to blog. 

I'm so thankful we had a somewhat quiet weekend.  That rarely happens!

We have another busy week ahead of us!

Liam has Occupational Therapy tomorrow morning, and we have Family Movie Night in the evening. On Tuesday, Liam has Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy, then we have to rush to the library for Lily's Storytime session. That evening, we're doing some more work in the bathroom. We have a mini photoshoot on Wednesday, and Dylan has choir after school.  I'm hoping for a playdate on Thursday!  The kids are off school on Friday.  After grocery shopping, we're going to visit my parents and stay for dinner.  I doubt there will be much free time this week!

On the menu:

Monday~ Baked Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, and Butter Beans
Tuesday~Tacos, Rice, and Beans
Wednesday~Pizza and Salad
Thursday~Spaghetti, Salad, and Garlic Bread
Friday~Dinner at my parent's house

Have a great week!!! Happy March! 

4 comments:

  1. My kids LOVED that Lowe's kit! Cars are always a favorite.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Lowes kids work shops. Home Depot has a pretty good one too :).

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's already March either.. like seriously! Sounds like you guys could use some warm weather, but that snow just looks like too much fun! This of course coming from someone who doesn't get to see any. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get my boys to a Lowe's workshop. It has been a while.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's chat!!!